Tuesday 9 October 2012

Who slapped me ? - Anand


Around thirteen years when I used to stay at my village wver day my father used to scold me despite my hard work and dedication. My father is a farmer and I used to assit him in his work. I worked very hard but still my father used to remain unhappy with me . Bombarding with me slags was his daily routine accompanied by often beatings .Doing something for my entertainment was like playing cards, going to dance programmes in marriages or going for cinema was like doing some criminal offence resulting in sever punishment from him. I was fed up of this life and didnt know what to do.

One day I angrily left house after slapped by him and decided never to return. I didnt know where to go, just had to go away from home . I went to station and boarded a train which took me to Varanashi. Aimlessly I was wandering on the streets of the city when I felt hungrary. There was not a single penny in my pocket but I did not want to return at any cost. I had gone crazy in altogether different state of mind filled with anger and hatred . Simply I could have gone to any of my relatives but that did not strike me.My brain had become as if non functional. For two days I just drank water and slept on road pavement with bulls and cows. Third day I was too hunfrary and coudnt resist  to beg. I went to a tea shop and pleaded the owner for a cup of tea for free telling him that I had nothing to eat for last three days. He was not moved and looked indifferently at me like he ysed to at other fake beggers . A group of four people were closely watching me and soon they realised that I was not a professional beggar and a victim of fate so decided to help me . They asked tea stall owner to give me tea and as many biscuit as I want . Later they took me with them and offered every possible help . Their activites looked suspicious but I had no choice.

They used to live in a very old house in the outskirts of the city. They cared so much of me so that I may not leave them and go anywhere else. In afternoon they asked me to take rest on rooftop as they had discuss something private and important . Soon they left the house and told me to take rest while they are out for few hours. They looked like goons but I was a moron not to understand that why they weree helping a stranger without any benefits. I was very tired and devastated so pulled a mat kept in one corner of roof and slept.

Suddenly somebody slapped me hard ordering me to RUN AWAY . I opened my eyes in a flash and saw nobody around ! That slap had brought me back to my senses and I tried to flee but main door was locked from outside. I went to roof and managed to escape by climbing down house pipe.
Later I came to know that those people were noted criminals infamous mainly for illegal organ trade !
I dont know who slapped me but that slap proved to be my life saviour. Realising that slaps are not always bad, they bring you back to your senses I retuned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment