Sunday 7 October 2012

Maa Gange gave life back in dream


Here I m going to share an interesting incident related to my Naani(Mother's mother).My naani like most of our older people is a great believer in God and perform puja as their most important duty .They believe that their good karma will bring peace n prosperity to the family. I have often heard people saying that someone so doing good or is very happy in his becuase of his/her parent good deeds but how many of you beleive in this ? Well may be many of us but do you have any concrete reason for this ?
Did anyone have a dream that saw while you were asleep changed your life significantly ? The dreams may not be as straight as I m going to describe but some times have hidden meaning.Older people have the knowledge to relate it to our life but people like me have absolutely no idea about it. Some type of dreams are well known .One is the if you see a priest kind of man sitting opposite on a buffalo with face towards its tail staring at you, he is Yamraaj and u r likely to die soon .This dream has been mentioned in holy text of Garud Puran which is recited on someone death. This was also shown in movie Paan Singh Tomar where Pann Singh saw this dream just before a massive encounter with police leading to his death. Another famous one is about King Akbar - One day he saw a dream that he has lost his all his teeth ! Great Paandit of the time told to him that it means longevity. We too often see dreams most of which are absurd and related to what we do or think whole day. Some may be meaning and important but we fail to relate it or doubt its importance.


Back to what my Naani saw in dream -
One day she saw a dream that while taking a holy bath in river Ganges, suddenly a Goddess appeared from water and said - Im very happy with your devotion, ask me whatever u want .
I am contented with whatever you have given to me n my family.Just bestow your blessings like this. Goddess insisted to ask for something but she gave the same answer again n again .
I have happy that despite so many problems in your life you are still contented .Yor are a very nice and kind lady and I will not go without giving you something .

Ok as u wish Maa - naani replied.

Goddess said "I return you your son's life" and disappeared . The dream was so strong that seemed to be real leaving behind her so disturbed and perplexed that each n every moment she used to pray to God for well being of her sons. One month passed nothing happened then on tenth n last day of Durga Puja my mama ( Nani' son ) was drown in Ganga while taking Goddess idol for Viserjan and later saved by fishermen !!
Is this a mere co-incidence ?

1 comment: